I've decided to play through a solo mode version of Arkham Horror The Card Game and document the whole thing. I picked Ashcan Pete as my investigator. Here goes...
NIGHT OF THE ZEALOT
Ashcan Pete’s Booze Fueled Nightmare
The Deck – Ashcan Pete
- Arcane Studies
- Baseball Bat x2
- Bait and Switch x2
- Clarity of Mind
- Dig Deep
- Drawn to the Flame x2
- Fire Axe x2
- Guts x2
- Internal Injury – Random Basic Weakness
- Leather Coat x2
- Look What I Found
- Lucky! X2
- Manual Dexterity x2
- Peter Sylvestre x2
- Rabbit’s Foot
- Survival Instinct
- Unexpected Courage x2
- Working a Hunch
- Wracked By Nightmares
SCENARIO #1 – THE GATHERINGOpening Hand – Bait and Switch, Lucky!, Drawn to the Flame, Fire Axe, Rabbit’s Foot
- I spent 1 resource to play Fire Axe.
- I spent 1 resource to play Rabbit’s Foot. Never hurts to be prepared, Ol’ Pete always says.
- I exhausted Duke to Investigate, drawing a tablet token, passing 2 v. 2 and taking a clue.
At the end of the round, I drew Scavenging and gained a resource.
TURN 21 of 3 doom on the Agenda.
I drew Swarm of Rats from the Encounter deck, causing it to engage me. I probably need to call the exterminator. It’s really bad when your house has rats.
- I attacked the Swarm of Rats, drawing a -1 token for 1 v. 1, killing the Rats.
- I exhausted Duke to Investigate, drawing a skull token, giving me 4 v. 2, taking the second clue. I chose to use my two clues to progress the Act, putting the Attic, Cellar, Hallway and Parlor locations into play. I feel through the Study door into the Hallway and realized the Study would be inaccessible until I’d sorted my house out.
- Given that hallways are boring, I moved to the Cellar, taking a damage as I slipped down the steps and bumbled around in the dark for a bit.
At the end of the round, I drew Dig Deep and gained a resource.
TURN 32 of 3 doom on the Agenda.
I drew Ancient Evils from the Encounter deck, adding a doom to the Agenda and progressing it. Given the choice between taking horror or discarding a random card, I chose to discard. I discarded Scavenging. I guess I won’t be able to find anything in the Cellar.
- I needed a little light, so I played Drawn to the Flame, drawing Crypt Chill from the Encounter Deck. I drew a skull for the test, avoiding the negative penalty with a 4 v. 4 result. I then took two clues from the location, completing the room.
- I moved to the Hallway.
- I then climbed up to the Attic, being forced to take a horror as I looked around at the stacks and stacks of board games I’ve bought and will likely never play again.
At the end of the round, I drew a Fire Axe and gained a resource.
TURN 41 of 7 doom on the Agenda.
I drew Rotting Remains from the Encounter deck. I drew a skull token, passing the test with 4 v. 3 and taking no negative effect.
- I played Dig Deep since it never hurts to be prepared.
- I exhausted Duke to investigate, drawing a 0 and passing with 4 v. 1 result. I gained a clue, leaving one in the Attic.
- As a free action, I discarded Fire Axe to ready Duke.
- I exhausted Duke again to investigate, drawing +1 and passing 5 v. 1. I gained another clue, completing the Attic. Duke loves playing in the Attic, but it’s probably time to head back downstairs.
At the end of the round, I drew Guts and gained a resource.
TURN 52 of 7 doom on the Agenda.
I drew Frozen in Fear from the Encounter Deck, putting it into play in my threat area.
- I spent two actions to move to the hallway. Those Attic stairs were scary, but I muscled through it.
- I spent 3 clues to advance the act, spawning the Ghoul Priest in the Hallway, who immediately engaged me. Also, Lita Chantler spawned in the Parlor. I don’t know her. I’m not sure why she’s in my house. I’ll sort her later.
- I spent three resources on Dig Deep to increase agility by 3 and then attempted to evade the Ghoul Priest. I drew a cultist token, passing the test with 5 v. 4.
At the end of the round, I drew Lucky! and gained a resource.
TURN 63 of 7 doom on the agenda.
I drew another Swarm of Rats from the Encounter deck. I definitely need to call the pest control people. This is bad. How many swarms of rats are there in my house?
- I exhausted Duke to fight the Ghoul Priest, drawing a skull for -1. I chose to spend 1 resource for Lucky, causing me to pass the test 5 v. 4 and dealt 2 damage to the Ghoul Priest.
- I discarded Guts to ready Duke and fight again, drawing a +1 token and passing 5 v 4, dealing another 2 damage.
- I then attacked with the Fire Axe, spending my last two resources to increase my combat value to 6. I drew an Elder Sign token, dealing the damage needed to kill the Ghoul Priest. This caused the Act to advance, ending the scenario.
- Lita asked me to burn my house down and I said “Hell No!”, so my house is still standing.
- I earned 1 exp for refusing to allow the night’s events to destroy my life.
- I earned 4 exp from the Victory Display for fully exploring the Attic, the Cellar and for killing the Ghoul Priest.
- I earned an extra 2 exp for gaining insight into the hidden world of the Mythos.