Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Tech Bases for Casting

I decided to start the casting effort with something a little more ambitious than a couple of cork bases.  I picked up some diamond plate looking think plasticard and went to town making bases using various bits as well as some guitar cable I had laying around...

I started out with some 40mm bases...

...and then went digging around in my bitz box.

I also found some plasticard diamond plate.  Cool Stuff!

I cut the diamond plate to shape.

Added some bitz and guitar cable.

Added deck plating to some of the bases.
And here they all are!
I expect to be able to work on making a mold in the next couple of days.  I'm pretty excited about this.  I'm really hopeful that this will work out well.

No comments:

Post a Comment